Christmas turkey with that sure one thing: Get pleasure from this tremendous scrumptious turkey roll recipe
With just under a week before the big day, those looking for inspiration for their stunning food don’t have to look any further as we have a classic meat recipe made with a twist.
Go beyond a traditional roast turkey and save yourself time on the big day with this delicious turkey roll recipe from Miele that can be cooked and pre-portioned in advance. If you cook the turkey in a steam oven, it will stay juicy and juicy. Serve hot with all the ingredients and consume all the leftovers in a delicious boxing day sandwich.
Ingredients – For 6 people
500 g turkey breast (cut into thick strips)
300g sausage meat
5 sprigs of thyme (stripped)
50 g dried cranberries
50 g dried apricots (halved)
8 x slices of ham or Parma ham
1. First make the filling by dicing the apricots and mixing them with the sausage meat, cranberries and thyme.
2. Make a small pie and fry the sausage on a hob. Check for spices and adjust if necessary.
Image credit: Miele The core
3. Cut the turkey into thick strips, ideally 8 cm wide and 30 cm long.
4th Place the Parma ham over each slice and place it on a double-lined tray filmed with cling film. Make a rectangular shape with the ham and distribute the sausage meat evenly on the ham (1 cm thick), leaving a 4 cm ham frame all around.
5. Season the turkey strips with salt and ground pepper and place in the center of the sausage meat. Folding away from you, fold over the cling film to create a sausage roll shape, pinching the ends firmly together as you go.
6. Continue rolling into a sausage and tie the cling film ends tight. Wrap it tightly in aluminum foil to make sure the ends don’t burst.
7th If you have one, insert a meat probe into the center of the voting slip and set a core temperature of 63 ° C. Steam in a steam oven at 100 ° C until the core temperature reaches 63 ° C.
8th. Take out of the oven and let cool before chilling overnight.
9. Remove the aluminum foil and cut it into 4 cm wide rounds.
10. To reheat the roulade, leave the cling film on to hold its shape and lightly dust it with flour. Fry both sides until golden brown, add some chicken or turkey stock and place in the oven on a fan at 180 ° C for 10-12 minutes.