Gennadiy Golovkin “open to everybody” as followers demand a Canelo trilogy battle
Gennadiy Golovkin said he was open to any fight after making history in his dominant win over Kamil Szeremeta.
Golovkin set the record for most middleweight title defenses in boxing history with his seventh-round TKO in mandatory challenger Szeremeta – 21. It was Golovkin’s first fight since October 2019, but the Kazakh star (41-1-1 ) was in control in Hollywood, Florida from the start and lived on DAZN on Friday. On the way to victory, he put the previously undefeated Szeremeta on the ground four times.
When fans demand a third match against Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, the IBF and IBO champion was asked about his future plans.
“I am open to everyone,” Golovkin, who lost to Alvarez in September 2018, told DAZN. Alvarez will face Callum Smith on Saturday. “Best opponent for me.
MORE: Canelo is ambitious in returning against Smith
“We’ll wait for tomorrow. I hope tomorrow is a great event. The best will win. I’m open.”
Golovkin added, “Trust me folks. We [will] Bring the best fight for next time. “
“I feel my push,” he continued. “I feel my strength. I can feel my timing, my distance. I needed a little more time. OK when I’m done [in the] second round, maybe too early. I want to get more people to watch TV. “
Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn added: “He’s got a lot more gas in the tank. The most exciting boxer in the world, still. Devastating power in both hands. We want to see him at the Megafights next year.”