The most effective low calorie cocktails to take pleasure in at house
Fancy a cocktail but want to lower your calorie intake? Well, these three suggestions do the job very well. From a new take on the classic Bloody Mary to a punchy tequila to a skinny champagne liquor cocktail (infused with healthy berries), this trio will keep the amusement going.
Ketel One Bloody Mary – Beetroot Mary
Vodka experts Ketel One were voted number 1 bartender’s vodka choice at the prestigious Drinks International last year and have come up with a whimsical (and healthy) version of the classic Bloody Mary. It’s perfect for weekend brunch at home.
50 ml Ketel One Vodka
20 ml of fresh lemon juice
150 ml beetroot juice – Take a whole beetroot juice and two ripe tomatoes, cut them into quarters and pass them through a juicer
A pinch of rock salt, pepper and chilli
Small teaspoon of Fortnum’s hot horseradish
1 star anise
2 cardamom pods
1. Pour all ingredients into the glass, stir well, add ice, garnish with star anise and cardamom pods in a used lemon peel.
2. Sprinkle with dried chilli flakes.
Cazcabel’s tequila and tonic
There are only 60 calories per measure, with this light and refreshing Tequila Cazcabel Blanco Tequila and Tonic. It’s fresh, crisp, and there’s a dose of earthy agave, and when paired with tonic, the notes can be fully appreciated.
25 ml Cazcabel Blanco
150 ml Premium Light Tonic water
A sprig of rosemary
Fresh orange slices for garnish
1. Put the Cazcabel Blanco in a glass filled with ice.
2. Top up with Premium Light Tonic water and garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a slice of orange.
Pinkster’s French twist
From Pinkster Gin brought to you is The Pinkster Royale, their version of a lean liqueur. It’s designed to give your soda a fresh, fruity hit. It is therefore a perfect complement to a chilled glass of the award-winning Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut.
The Pinkster Royale
Widow Monsigny Champagne Brut
1. Add the Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut to a chilled champagne flute.
2. Top with a measure of the liqueur fortified with berries.